TactileView creates pictures for people who can not see. These pictures are transformed for them into tactile graphics. Blind people can read them by touch and interpret the tactile material. Easy to use tools are available for the design and production of tactile pictures, diagrams and maps.
Produce your very own tactile graphics: The TactileView concept consists of design software for the creation of tactile graphics and an international web catalog. The design software allows production (printing) on a braille embosser or on swell paper (microcapsule paper) or on our TactiPad drawing board with the Thinkable motorised drawing arm (MDA).
For more information on tactile graphics have a look at About tactile graphics.
- Easy-to-use tactile graphics editor in many languages
- Fully accessible with the mouse, keyboard or screen reader
- Wide range of supported braille embossers
- Create designs for printing on swell paper or on our TactiPad drawing board with the Thinkable motorised drawing arm (MDA).
- Many drawing tools and image processing filters available for easy editing
- Extensive user manual available (online or pdf download)
- Thousands of ready-to-use designs can be downloaded from the TactileView catalog
- Importing images from a wide range of file formats and sources
- Math module creates graphs of any equation
- Produces tactile maps of any area on your desired scale with the RouteTactile map maker
Text and graphics documents with Duxbury Braille Translator
TactileView is the perfect software when it comes to tactile graphics, while Duxbury Braille Translator (DBT) is widely used as a tool to create perfect braille translations. By combining TactileView with DBT, you can create documents that contain both tactile graphics and braille texts!
Visit the DBT website for more information about translating documents to braille.
You can find a full user manual as well as tutorials on the TactileView manual page.
|Licence||One-time purchase, unlimited use|
|Delivery||Registration key via email|
|Supported embossers||Index (V2, V3 and V4), ViewPlus (all models), Enabling (all models), Elotype, Gemini, Mountbatten Brailler|
|Available languages||Arabic, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish|
|File formats||TactileView files (.bpx); import .txt, .svg, .jpg, .png, .bmp, .tiff or .gif|
|System requirements||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 or 10; for Mac OS X, a Windows emulator is required|
|Internet requirements||TactileView can be used offline, but specific functions (e.g. map maker, designs catalog) require internet access|
|Software security||A registration key is valid for software registration on one computer only|
|Returns||Within 14 days; see 'Right of withdrawal' in our terms and conditions|
The software can be downloaded and installed for free in advance to explore it in demonstration mode. The designs will contain watermarks when printed and cannot be saved. Download here your free trial version of the software.
By purchasing a software licence for TactileView, you can register the software and produce designs without watermarks. After your purchase, you will receive your licence key (a so-called Software Product Code, SPC) by email.