Important changes (commercial)
Thinkable has started the transition for the TactileView software from generation 2.2 to 2.5. This involves a couple of changes, apart from the enhancements of the functionality.
The version indication will change; future versions will have only numbers like 22.214.171.124
The policy for upgrading will change. Until now all newer/improved versions were available free of charge. This will no longer be the case.
The price for the upgrade has not been determined yet. We will communicate this via our newsletter and website.
Note: Versions after 2.49T89C will not automatically upgrade to newer versions.
Upgrades will be available only for the software product codes (SPC) that have been set accordingly by Thinkable or a distributor. During registration a message will indicate if the licence is eligible for an upgrade.
Your distributor is happy to provide you with an upgrade. In the online shop an upgrade product will be introduced soon.
For an overview of the improvements in the latest version 2.500 compared to the previous release of TactileView 2.200 see below.
In the release notes you can find a detailed description of all the changes in the software. You can read the release notes here:
New and modified manual sections
The changes in version 2.500 are reflected in the contents of the manual sections. Below, you will find a selection of manual sections that have been added or modified.
New manual sections
- 2.04 Registration for multiple user accounts on single computer
- 3.04 Keyboard shortcuts
- 5.05 Alignment frame and grids
- 5.06 Measurements grid (object alignment)
- 5.07 Braille grid (text alignment)
- 6.08 Draw table
- 6.15 Using variable relief height
- 7.02 Settings – Braille tables
- 7.03 Braille tables – Inherent braille properties
- 12.04 Effect of printing properties on tactile usability
Modified manual sections
- 2.01 Configuration wizard
- 2.02 Software registration with SPC via internet
- 2.03 Software registration via distributor (no internet access)
- 4.03 Importing images from the internet
- 5.01 Layout tools
- 6.02 Add text label (braille)
- 6.08 Draw table
- 6.13 Editing object properties
- 7.05 Text label – Braille keyboard input
- 7.07 Editing text labels (braille)
PDF manual download
The PDF version, containing all the sections has been updated as well. You can download the latest PDF version of the manual here.